Images and Videos for Use
All images seen on this website or on our Flickr account are available free of charge. Just identify the garden and photographer (if identified by us).
DC Gardens videos on Youtube may be embedded anywhere.
DC Gardens.com in the Media
Print- and Broadcast-Based
- In the New York Times Travel Section, Cindy Brown is asked what other gardens there are to see here and answers by saying “The D.C. area has more than two dozen gardens, and visitors can go to dcgardens.com to see what they are.” Exactly!
- Washington Post columnist John Kelly announces DCGardens.
- Washington City Paper covered DC Gardens and public access to the National Arboretum in
“National Arboretum Hours May be Restored This Spring “ by Sarah Anne Hughes. City Paper used 3 of our photos for the story!
- Garden Design Magazine sent readers to DC Gardens, calling it “a good place to start planning what to see in a short weekend trip no matter when it is.” It’s in “Garden Destination: Washington, D.C.“
- CNN/Money Magazine mentioned DC Gardens as a “resource for gardeners and garden lovers in greater Washington, D.C.,” in the article “Smart Money Advice for Newbie Gardeners.”
- “Gardens Along the Circulator’s National Mall Route” on BadWolfDC and a Greenbelt MD blog.
- “Visit DC’s Wonderful Gardens on Transit” on the influencial blog Greater Greater Washington
- “Washington, DC – more than cherry blossoms” on DCTropics.com
- “It’s Time to Visit a Garden in DC” on the popular blog BadWolfDC.
- “Let’s Spread the Word about Public Gardens in DC and Elsewhere by Boise-based Evelyn Hadden.
- “Support DC Gardens” at BeeHappyGarden.com
- “Donate to DC Gardens – Even if you Live Somewhere Else” on GardenRant.
- “New Kid on the Block: DC Gardens.com” by No.Va blogger PegPlant.
- “Garden Tourism in Washington, D.C.” on Adam Cortell’s national blog. (He’s in Oregon.)
- On Cottage in the Court, “DC Gardens…You Can Grow That!” by Teri Speight.
- On GardenRant, “Donate to DC Gardens…Even if you Live Someplace Else.”
- Garden Chatter Interview with Kathy Jentz and Susan Harris. Co-hosted by Adam Cortell in Oregon and and Brenda Haas in the Midwest. Here’s the video.
- “Regional Garden at the U.S. Botanic Garden at Eight“
- “Meadowlark Gardens in December.”
- “National Arboretum in November.“
- “National Arboretum in October.“
- “Chagall in the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden.”
- “Call for photographers and videographers for DC Gardens.“
- “Can a garden video attract visitors?“
- “Prof. Richard Benfield’s talk to Smithsonian on Garden Tourism” (the talk that started DC Gardens!)