Several DC-area gardens host spectacular holiday events each year, from roughly Thanksgiving through New Year’s.
The U.S. Botanic Garden is a long-time favorite.
- Click here for photos and information about the many attractions and activities.
- The Conservatory is open daily 10-5 all year long. Bartholdi Park is open from dawn to dusk. Admission is FREE.
After the Botanic Garden, walk down the Mall to The National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden– it’s DC’s top ice-skating venue. On Constitution between 7th and 9th Streets. The Pavilion Café is open year-round.
- Click here for hours and information about skating.
Zoolights at the Smithsonian’s National Zoo is free and attracts over 100,000 people each year.
- Click here for information.
- Click here for a video of highlights.
Meadowlark Botanical Gardens in Vienna, Virginia hosts a Walk of Lights that includes over half million lights creating a garden of flowers, animals, snowflakes and other designs. It’s a magical walk-through light show meandering over a .6-mile path.
- Click here for a slide show to see more images of the Walk of Lights.
- Click here for Walk of Lights hours, directions, and fees.
Brookside Gardens in Wheaton, Maryland is home to a famous Garden of Lights and Train Show.
Hours for the Walk of Lights are Sunday – Thursday: 5:30 – 9:30 pm; Friday – Saturday: 5:30 – 10:00 pm.
The Garden Railway Exhibit and Conservatory Winter Display are open daily from 10 AM to 5 PM beginning Friday, November 27, 2015 – Sunday, January 3, 2016.
- Click here to see lots more photos.
- More the info here.