For great gardening information, the more local the better. Here are our favorite local sources of gardening help online.
- The University of Maryland’s Home and Garden Information Center originates from the DC area and we’re lucky to have this amazing collection of scientifically proven gardening advice, one of the best USDA Extension Services in the U.S. For food-growing stories, visit their Grow It Eat It Blog.
- Green Springs Gardens recommends the best native and non-native plants for our region.
- The National Arboretum has compiled answers to the most commonly asked questions about plants and gardening.
- The Chesapeake Conservation Landscaping Council and the Ecological Landscape Alliance offer a really great webinar series, A Focus On Sustainability. The course runs from October through March, and there’s a nominal charge to the public. More info here.
- For personal gardening stories, visit the gardening bloggers in the DC metro area. Scroll down on this page for titles and links.
- More? Suggestions, please. Write to: email@example.com.