DC Gardens is a grassroots, independent media campaign using images of DC-area gardens by month to aid visitors. The photos are free for any purpose, with credit to the garden.
DC Gardens is also a hub for info that helps locals learn to garden and connect with the gardening and greening community.
DC-Area Destination Gardens in April
Click for slide shows and videos of the gardens in April. Lots more coming soon.
Franciscan Monastery, above.
National Arboretum, above.
U.S. Botanic Garden, above.
Tours and Events in April 2015
– Cherry Blossoms Tours by bus, Segway, foot, boat, bike, and more. Includes photo safaris!
– April 10-11 American Horticultural Society’s Spring Garden Market at River Farm in Alexandria, VA.Click here for details.
- April 18-19 Leesburg Flower and Garden Festival.
– April 18, Virginia’s Historic Garden Week Tour in Old Town, Alexandria, VA
– April 19 & 20 Virginia’s Historic Garden Week Tour in Leesburg, VA
– April 21 Virginia’s Historic Garden Week Tour in Fairfax Station, VA
– April 24 Earth Day Open House and Celebration at U.S. Botanic Garden, shown above.
– April 25 N. Alexandria Native Plant Sale.
– April 25-26 White House Open Gardens and Grounds. Free. Advance tickets not required. Details in the announcement.
– April 25 Earth Day Tree Fest at Tudor Place. Click for details.
On-Going in April
- The U.S. Botanic Garden offers tours, workshops, talks and demonstrations all season – click here for 2015 schedule.
- Mt. Vernon Gardens and Landscape Tours are given daily April – October.
- Tram tours of the National Arboretum.
Browse Images and Videos
- Youtube playlists for each garden by month.
- Pinterest boards for each garden, and by topic.
- Flickr albums for each garden.
Photo of cherry blossoms at King Memorial by Harvey Leifert.