DC Gardens is a nonprofit, multi-media and in-person campaign promoting DC-area public gardens to visitors and residents alike. Its photos are available for download at no charge, with credit to the garden.
DC Gardens also promotes gardening with extensive “Local Info” that connects residents to the gardening and greening community.
New on DC Gardens
Gardens of Washington by Old Town Trolley includes images and local tips about the gardens along the routes of this popular tourbus service. (Also for visitors: DC’s Gardens by Big Bus. For locals, there’s the Gardens of the National Mall via Circulator Bus.)
Garden Events in November – December 2015
Through Nov 19 Fall Chysanthemum display at Brookside Gardens.
Throughout November – Mums Tour with Head Grower Drew Asbury at Hillwood Gardens.
November 2, 4, 6 and 9 at noon – Lunchtime Tours of the U.S. Botanic Garden Conservatory.
November 14 – Horses and Hounds full-day event at Mount Vernon. Details here.
Through November 15 – Tram Tours of the National Arboretum. Details here.
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at noon: Lunchtime Tours of the Botanic Garden’s Conservatory.
Tuesdays and Wednesdays: Tea and Tour the National Cathedral and Grounds
Nov 19 – Celebrate Veterans through Service at the Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens. 9 – 1. More info.
November 20 – Fall Harvest Scavenger Hunt at Brookside Gardens. Details here.
Throughout December – Wreath-Making at Tudor Place. Details here.
November 27 – Mount Vernon by Candlelight. Details here.
November 27 to January 1 – Christmas at Mount Vernon. Details here.
November 26 to January 3 – Holidays at the U.S. Botanic Garden. Free. Trains, poinsettias, DC landmarks made from plant parts, and oversized bee and butterfly sculptures at the Pollination Station.
December 5 to January 3 – Winter Display and Garden Railway at Brookside Gardens. Free. Details here.
December 6 – Gardeners Holiday Open House at Green Spring Gardens. Details here.
December 6 – Puppet Show at Green Spring Gardens. Register here.
- The U.S. Botanic Garden offers tours, workshops, talks and demonstrations all season – click here for 2015 schedule.
- Mt. Vernon Gardens and Landscape Tours are given daily April – October.
- Hillwood Garden tours September 1 – November 15. And click here for workshops and special tours.
- Tram Tours of the National Arboretum. Also, classes, workshops, etc.
- Smithsonian Gardens tours weekly.
- Brookside Gardens’ talks, workshops, etc.
- Green Spring Gardens adult and kids’ events.
- Special Tours of Tudor Place are offered monthly.
- Meadowlark Botanical Garden Classes, etc.
DC-Area Gardens in November
See our November page for photos of seven DC-area gardens in November.