DC Gardens is a nonprofit, multi-media and in-person campaign promoting DC-area public gardens to visitors and residents alike. Its photos are available for download at no charge, with credit to the garden.
DC Gardens also promotes gardening with extensive “Local Info” that connects residents to the gardening and greening community.
New on DC Gardens
“Seeing DC by Photo Safari” features what may be the coolest way to see DC’s gorgeous outdoor sights.
Garden Happenings in June 2016
– June 3, Farm to Table Reception, Tour and Dinner at Mount Vernon. 6:30-10 pm.
– June 4 and 18: Free Tour of Brookside Gardens. 10-11 a.m.
– June 5: Brookland Garden Tour.
– June 7 FREE Crawdaddies Concert at Brookside Gardens. Visitors Center Lawn, 6:30 – 8 pm.
– June 10+11: Summer Escape at Mount Vernon, 6-9 pm.
– June 10: Tour of the National Garden at U.S. Botanic Garden. Details here.
– June 11: Plant Swap at National Arboretum, with Washington Gardener Magazine. Details here.
– June 11: Festival Celebrating “Flourish, Inside and Out” at the U.S. Botanic Garden. 10 am – 4 pm. Details here.
– June 14 FREE Damon Foreman Concert at Brookside Gardens. Blues and funk. 6:30-8 on the Visitors Center Lawn.
– June 16: American Roots Music Concert at U.S. Botanic Garden with Dave Chappell. Details.
– June 21 FREE Ocho de Bastos Concert at Brookside Gardens. Latin rock. 6:30-8 pm on the Visitors Center Lawn.
– June 21 Native Bees in Your Garden talk at Brookside Gardens by Join Sam Droege, who collects and photographs the thousands of native bee species that thrive locally and around the nation. He’ll show you how to welcome them to your property. 10-11:30 am.
Register in Active Montgomery for course # 14880
– June 24: Pollinator Party at the U.S. Botanic Garden. Noon. Details.
– June 24: Concert of Songs and Dances of the Pua of Hawai’i, 11:30 a.m. Details.
– June 26: Daylily Show and Sale by the National Capital Daylily Club at Brookside Gardens. Noon-5 pm.
– June 28: FREE Concert in the Garden at Green Springs Gardens with The Fender Benders. Bring a picnic dinner or enjoy a prepared dinner from the Good Grubbin’ food truck. Complimentary cake and lemonade will be provided by FROGS. Rain or shine. 6-8 pm.
– June 28: FREE U-Liners Concert at Brookside Gardens. Americana and roots rock. 6:30-8 pm on the Visitors Center Lawn.
– Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at noon: Lunchtime tour of the U.S. Botanic Garden Conservatory. Learn more.
– Mondays: Tours of the National Garden at the U.S. Botanic Garden. Details.
– Tuesdays: Afternoon in the Garden Tour at the U.S. Botanic Garden. Details.
– Thursdays: Noon-time Stroll through the U.S. Botanic Garden’s National Garden. Details.
– Fridays through September 2: Jazz in the Garden at the National Gallery’s Sculpture Garden.
– Wednesdays at 2 pm: Afternoon in the Garden Tour of the U.S. Botanic Garden. Learn more.
– Through October: Weekly Tours of the Smithsonian Gardens. Special tours for the Enid Haupt Garden, Ripley Garden, Heritage Garden, VictoryGarden and the Native American Garden. Schedule and details here.
– Through October 2: Exhibit Flourish: Inside and Out at the U.S. Botanic Garden. The indoor and outdoor exhibit, developed with the Chicago Botanic Garden, showcases the proven human-health benefits of interacting with nature. Full details here.
– Through October 28: Guided Garden Tour at Tudor Place.
– Through November 2: Learn Art in the Garden at Tudor Place.
– Through June 26: Guided tours of Hillwood Gardens at 10:30 and 12:30. Learn about the history, design, and the plants and flowers of the 13 acres of formal gardens. First-come, first-served upon opening each day. Approximately one hour long. Reservations are available for Hillwood members and groups of 10 or more. Included in suggested donation.
– Through September 25: Wings of Fancy Live Butterfly & Caterpillar Exhibit. 10 am – 4 pm daily.
For 2016 events July-December, click here and scroll down.