DC Gardens is a grassroots, independent media campaign using images of DC-area gardens by month to entice people to discover them. DC Gardens is also a hub of info that helps locals learn to garden and connect with the gardening and greening community.
CLICK HERE TO DONATE TO OUR INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN with the goal of raising $25,000 to finance operations for all of 2015, our demonstration year. Money will go to contract with Washington Gardener Magazine editor Kathy Jentz to do regular digital outreach to the travel, general and gardening media, locally and beyond; and to pay for graphic and website design. It’s hoped that the success of this comprehensive yet inexpensive campaign in 2015 will attract long-term sponsors to DCGardens.com.
The first of our monthly DCGardens Updates will contain info about major garden-related events in our region during March and April, plus images of what the major gardens will look like then. Subscribe in the sign-up form in the sidebar.
This Month in the Gardens: March 2015
No cherry blossoms until April! The National Park Service says the peak bloom time will be late this year – April 11-14. But there’s more to March in DC than cherry blossoms – bulbs like daffodils WILL bloom this month. And March is a great time to see bonsai and dwarf conifers at the National Arboretum.
Tours and Events in March 2015:
– Cherry Blossoms Tours by bus, Segway, foot, boat, bike, and more. Includes photo safaris!
– Every Monday evening – Local Gardening Talks by Kathy Jentz at Hill Center. Kathy is editor/publisher ofWashington Gardener Magazine and digital communication director for DC Gardens.com.
– March 31-April 1 Garden Club of Virginia Daffodil Show in Winchester, VA.
Browse Images and Videos
- Youtube playlists for each garden by month.
- Pinterest boards for each garden, and by topic.
- Flickr albums for each garden.
Daffodil photo by Thomas Cizauskas.