DC Gardens, a volunteer-initiated, independent project to promote the gardens we love and to grow more gardeners, is currently under development, with the campaign scheduled to launch March 2 on Indiegogo. None of the gardens shown here are responsible for the content of this site or the photos and videos made of their garden. Find out more about the people behind the project here.
Coming March 2, 2015
– Our Indiegogo campaign with the goal of collecting $25,000 to finance operations for all of 2015, our demonstration year. Money will go primarily to contract with Washington Gardener Magazine editor Kathy Jentz to do regular digital outreach to the travel, general and gardening media, locally and beyond. Funds will also be used for graphic design and website help. We believe that the success of this comprehensive yet inexpensive campaign in 2015 will attract long-term sponsors to DCGardens.com.
– The first of our monthly DCGardens E-News alerts will contain info about major garden-related events in our region during March and April, plus images of what the major gardens will look like then.
– A special feature for March, now in the works, is “Where to See and Celebrate Cherry Blossoms – the Comprehensive List.”
– Photos and videos by month of the fabulous gardens in the Washington, D.C. area that are open to the public.
– Our Deep Local Resources – where to learn to garden, where to buy plants, where to volunteer, a local garden blogroll – anything to help get new gardeners started and help everyone get connected.
This Month in the Gardens
Starting in the spring of 2015 we’ll be showing off the gorgeousness of DC-area gardens that very month.